One of my favorite moments was when the train arrived at the Disney station, and the only people left on it were myself and some families with little kids. You don't have to speak the same language to exchange looks that equally convey how excited everyone is about getting off this train and into Disney.



It was freezing cold. I checked the weather three times before I left, which said it would be 60 and sunny. I was doubtful because I could see the clouds outside, but trusting in my devices I left my warmest things at home. Not only was it more like 50, cloudy and windy, it was also humid. I had to buy a scarf and gloves, but drew the line at giving Disney $60 for a sweater. But you can believe there were plenty of people buying them.
I relished standing in long lines, because it meant I could suck the body heat from other people under the guise of "queuing" and not being a creeper.
Most rides were actually inside buildings, which was nice, except for Indiana Jones. That roller coaster, in that weather, drew snot and tears from my face and then froze them to my skin. I didn't immediately notice because I was squealing with delight.
Pirates of the Caribbean was the worst because I was shoved at the end of the boat, and got completely soaked with that gross water in my lap and left side. It took a lot of hand dryers and towels to straighten that mess out.
I had a blast, though, and closed the park down after about 9 hours of fun.

Omg I really want to be a Disney Princess and work at Disneyland. How can I make this happen?


Oh, I did learn something. "Expectant mothers" in French is "Les futures mamans" which for some reason, I just find hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment